Wednesday 15 February 2012

Fundraising Events

Due to my ridiculously busy diary over the last couple of weeks I am still yet to meet up with Griz from Cyclist Fighting Cancer (CFC) to discuss our plans but I don't think this should stop us putting some thoughts on the board around potential fund raising events. I have listed a few suggestions, but as always I welcome your input on these plus any other events you might have in mind.

1.) Pub Quiz - March                                                                                                                      
Lets be honest this is something fairly easy we can organise as I know a good quiz master and I'm pretty sure we could use our sports & social club facilities (FISSC) to host this event for a minimal fee, or possibly even free. I was thinking something along the lines of teams of 4-6 with a £5 entry fee each or if that's too much, say £10 per team? We will have prizes for the top 3 teams, not forgetting the wooden spoon! We generally get a lot of interest for these at work so I am confident we can have a sell out with the rest of you getting involved and opening it up to the wider audience.                

2.) Charity Bike Ride - May                                                                                                             
We tried this a couple of years ago in aid of our corporate charity (Make-a-Wish) and it was a great success. We made sure the event was a "light" bike ride so it suited all abilities and basically encouraged anyone who had a bike to bring it along and cycle circa 20 miles. We started from Mickleton in groups of 10 with a designated bike lead, that's where you all come in to play and take responsibility for your group! Groups finished at the Butchers Arms in Mickleton and they put on some food afterwards (for free I think) as they probably made enough on the beer that was drank! My opinion is why change a winning formula, we don't have to pick the same location but does everyone like the concept and rough outline? I am sure with the amount of miles we have cycled around the local area, we can find an appropriate route that is reasonably challenging and rewarding, but just to set the standard we won't be going up Ilmington or Edge Hill!

3.) Leg Wax - June
I know this is the one you have all been waiting for (!) so I suggest we put this off until we get close to the Etape event so those legs will be looking pristine at the start line! My suggestion would be to ask for donations for taking part in this crazy event, but as an added bonus we can charge people say £5 to pull a strip off. I am sure we can persuade a local beautician company to donate the materials, and their time in aid of the local charity. I don't think we should even contemplate doing this ourselves.....we don't trust each other that much do we!!!


I see all of these events taking part midweek so please let me know any weeks we need to stay clear of and I will do my best to please the majority.

Don't forget any other suggestions you may have i.e. do we want to do something during the Stratford Bike Festival which is the same weekend as the Wheel Heroes ride, 26th/27th May? Would have to be the Saturday as assume most of us are riding the event but it could give us access to a lot of footfall?

Food for thought..............

Brian "CFC Fundraiser" Camembert

No comments:

Post a Comment